Governor Information and duties
Maintained Schools must publish information on governance arrangements in line with the constitution of governing bodies of maintained schools statutory guidance.
This must include:
- Details of the structure and responsibilities of the governing body and its' committees;
- The full names of the Chair of the governing body and Chair of each committee information about each governor, including their full name, date of appointment, term of office, date they stepped down (where applicable) and who appointed them (in accordance with the governing body’s instrument of government);
- Relevant business and financial interests including:
- Governance roles in other educational institutions;
- Any material interests arising from relationships between governors or relationships between governors and school staff (including spouses, partners and close relatives)
- Their attendance record at governing body and committee meetings over the last academic year;
- Governing bodies should also publish this information for associate members, making clear whether they have voting rights on any of the committees to which they have been appointed.