According to our Pupil Survey in April 2022, these were the most useful resources according to our SEN pupils.
We offer a number of different interventions at school. This is what the children think about them all.
Power of 2
- It helps me think quickly. Helps me with my mental maths.
- It helps me with my maths. I find it quite easy and it makes me feel good.
- It’s actually helping me learn.
- It helps me a lot with numbers.
- I like it because it helps me with my maths.
- I think it has helped my Maths as I use it in my maths lessons.
- I’m enjoying it. I think it is helping me with my maths.
- It’s helping me.
- I like it because I like counting. It helps me with my numbers.
- It helps with times tables. Helps counting on.
- It’s kind of fun and quite easy.
- I enjoy it, it helps me with my reading.
- I like the sounding out – helping with my reading.
- It helps me to spell out the words.
- I like it when I get it right.
Toe by toe
- I enjoyed doing it – it helped me with my reading.
- It is OK, I didn’t like the dpbd page as it is too confusing.
- It is helping me with my reading.
- I liked the words – not the boxed letters – it has helped a little with my reading.
- It is pretty easy but some are a bit hard. I think it has helped with my reading.
- It helps me recognise letters.
- I enjoy reading every day because it has improved my reading out loud. Also, I understand the story better if I read out loud. My reading has improved I think.
- It helps me and I think my reading has improved.
- It has helped me. My mum has noticed the difference. I feel more confident.
- It helps me. My reading and my understanding is better. I can ask if I don’t understand what a word means and that helps with the story.
- I like reading every day. It helps me with my confidence. I just enjoy coming out every day to read.
- I enjoy reading 1-1 because I read it properly, I don’t miss out words and it makes more sense than if I read to myself.
- I feel like I am getting better at reading.
- I have moved up to the Turquoise box.
- I enjoy reading more challenging words.
- I like reading and getting other books and going up to new colours.
- Concept work has improved after 2 weeks.
- The pupil pointed to “like” on the Widgit board when reviewing past activities.
SNIP literacy programme
- It's fun, I like it.
- I enjoy it, especially the activities like the word searches.
- It’s good making stuff
- I like building and playing with my friends.
- I enjoy building.