According to our Pupil Survey in April 2023, these were the most useful resources according to our SEN pupils.
We offer a number of different interventions at school. This is what the children think about them all (April 2023).
Power of 2
- It helps me think quickly. Helps me with my mental maths.
- Some of them are easy and some are not.
- The difficult questions help me.
- It helps me with my maths.
- I find it quite easy and it makes me feel good.
Toe by toe
- I enjoyed doing it – it helped me with my reading.
- It is helping me with my reading.
- I liked the words – not the boxed letters – it has helped a little with my reading.
- It is pretty easy but some are a bit hard. I think it has helped with my reading.
- It helps me recognise letters.
- I enjoy reading every day because it has improved my reading out loud. Also, I understand the story better if I read out loud. My reading has improved I think.
- I like to read to someone else. I feel that it improves my reading.
- Daily reading helps me in English (reading paragraphs aloud).
- I prefer reading out loud - it helps me learn and also with my descriptive writing.
- It helps me as I don't always get the time to read at home.
- It's good as I feel that I benefit from learning new words and I feel that I am improving.
- I feel more confident.
- It helps me. My reading and my understanding is better. I can ask if I don’t understand what a word means and that helps with the story.
- Concept work has improved after 2 weeks.
- The pupil pointed to “like” on the Widgit board when reviewing past activities.
- It's good, it helps me have confidence in class because if I get it right on the iPad, it means I can do it in a comprehension.
- I think it is fun.
- I find the spellings and word quest fun.
- It helps me read better and how to spell words.
- It helps my memory.